This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you during your employment and after it ends. We are required to notify you of this information under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a ‘privacy notice’) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you.
This notice may change over time, so do check back regularly.
WHO WE ARE
Pier Consulting Ltd is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Pier Consulting Ltd must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board.
Pier Consulting Ltd must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement. At all times we will comply with current data protection laws.
WHY WE USE YOUR DATA
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
Pier Consulting Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes, for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
If you have opted-in we may also send you marketing information and news via e-mail. You can opt-out from receiving these at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” when you receive these communications from us.
In some cases we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal data. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these work-finding services to you are:
- Your consent for us to process your data in order to provide you with work finding services
- Our legitimate interests as a business
- Our legal obligations (such as the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 or Immigration, Asylum & Nationality Act of 2006)
- Our contractual obligations to yourself and third parties in relation to your recruitment
OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS TO PROCESS YOUR DATA
This is where Pier Consulting has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where Pier Consulting has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests are as follows:
- Managing our database and keeping work-seeker records up to date;
- Providing work-finding service to your and our clients;
- Contacting you to seek your consent where we need it;
- Giving you information about similar products or services that you have used from us recently;
- Contacting you on occasion to seek feedback on the service provided
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
Pier Consulting Ltd will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients upon putting you into work:
- Clients (whom we may introduce or supply you to)
- Former employers whom we may seek references from
- Payroll service providers who manage payroll on our behalf or other payment intermediaries whom we may introduce you to
- Other recruitment agencies in the supply chain
CATEGORIES OF DATA:
Pier Consulting may collect the following personal data on you:
- Name, address, mobile no., e-mail
- National insurance number
- Nationality (through right to work check)
- Work history / CV
- Qualifications / Certification
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
- Health information including whether you have a disability
- Criminal conviction
SOURCE OF THE PERSONAL DATA
- From CV Library / Total Jobs / Indeed / Linked In job boards
- A former employer or colleague
- A referee whose details you previously provided to us
- A Job Centre Plus or Universal Job Match referral
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA OVERSEAS?
Pier Consulting Ltd may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
Pier Consulting Ltd will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation. This is currently 3-6 years.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Pier Consulting Ltd processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting our office on 01446 688886 or at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that if you withdraw your consent to further processing that does not affect any processing done prior to the withdrawal of that consent, or which is done according to another legal basis.
There may be circumstances where Pier Consulting will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. Where this is the case, we will tell you and we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that Pier Consulting processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
Pier Consulting Ltd’s website may contain links to other external websites. Please be aware that Pier Consulting is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. When you leave our site we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to the information collected by Pier Consulting’s website.
SALE OF BUSINESS
If Pier Consulting’s business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Pier Consulting Ltd takes every precaution to protect our users’ information through cyber security, data minimisation and privacy impact assessments for all new systems or using data for new purposes. We operate a user access management procedure so only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, consultants, our accounts clerk or a marketing assistant) are granted access to your information. We ask all employees to sign user agreements to safeguard your data through password protections and a clear desk policy and provide in depth training to all employees.
Pier Consulting Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of email. the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason Pier Consulting cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via email / the Internet.
If you share a device with others we recommend that you do not select the “remember my details” function when that option is offered.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can e-mail our Data Protection Officer using the contact details below.
COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact our Data Protection Officer on 01446 688886 or at email@example.com
You also have the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office or on 0303 123 1113 , or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.