Pier Consulting provide M&E Labour, Supervision & Management to commercial construction projects, across, South Wales, South West and the UK to commercial construction projects working for various large or small M&E Contractors. Whether you are looking at what is next for your career or have an immediate gap to fill, as your career partner we remain committed to working together with you. We offer invaluable advice and insights combined with access to top employers on the market. Genuine passion for what we do, combined with a deep understanding of our sectors is what makes us unique.
We are always looking for experienced Mechanical Supervisors to register with us across South Wales, South West, and the UK, we have a wide scope of work available with our clients that are always looking for Mechanical Supervisors either on a temporary or permanent basis, that have extensive experience in the mechanical installation of building services projects.
Many of our client projects that we provide labour to are commercial construction sites, and a proven track record of experience in this environment will be required, you will need to demonstrate that you have completed commercial construction projects before and worked with and understand the below installations.
- As the Mechanical Supervisor you will oversee Mechanical Contractors as they carry out Mechanical Installation within a large Mechanical system and ensure the project program is kept
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities alongside other trades.
- Carry out weekly reports and issue to line manager.
- Carry out weekly toolbox talks.
- Labour requirements are met and maintained as per project program requirements.
- Sub Contractors are working as efficiently as possible.
- All variations and delays are notified to line manager.
- All Plant, materials onsite are as per agreed specifications.
- Ensuring all delivered materials are coordinated and stored in a safe and secure manner.
- A trade background with relevant work experience /or relevant industrial & commercial qualification
- Over 3 years previous experience in a Supervision role with a proven record of coordinating and managing projects
- Excellent organisational, time management and people skills.
- A rounded knowledge of risk and compliance and demonstrable planning and project management skills.
- Must hold valid SkillsCard / JIB PMES Card
- Must hold valid SSSTS Qualification
- Opportunity to work on a range of interesting and diverse projects
- Continuity of work
- An environment to learn and improve
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
ADDITIONAL TRAINING THAT MAY BE REQUIRED:
- IPAF MEWP license
- Asbestos Awareness
- Working at Heights
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive Wheels
**Some sites may require you undergo a fit to work medical**
Some sites require this additional training to ensure the work is carried out safely and with the correct training, if you do not have any of this training, it can be arranged for you if that you have not got the certificates / training required for one of our positions.
What some of our workers have said about Pier Consulting Ltd
“Never had any issues working for Pier, they have gone out of their way when I got pumped on a Friday, to get me back into work Monday morning” Electrician, South Wales
“Always been spot on with me and the boys trusted and honest” Electrician, South Wales
“Agree best agency around, they have kept me in work for many, many years” Plumber / Pipefitter, South Wales
“Best I worked for, never a bad word to say about you guys and I worked under you for just under 10 years” Plumber, South Wales